"If it works, don't fix it!"
This can be good advice for a business with tools that don't change over time, but for businesses that are dependent on technology it can actually be very bad advice. P3isys has proactive maintenance services that can keep your PCs running as cleanly and efficiently as possible, but once your computers get north of about three years old, it's time to think about budgeting for a PC refresh.
Using computers older than three years can reduce productivity and increase costs. Here's how:
- As technology advances, software gets more complex, requiring more resources. Older PCs don't run today's software as efficiently.
- Older technology requires more power and get hotter than current equipment, increasing electricity use for both power and cooling.
- Old PCs get "junked up". As more and more programs and auto-runs are added, systems slow down.
When you're ready to refresh, we can make the process of deploying new PCs and migrating data as smooth and painless as possible!
- We will specify equipment for you that fits your tech needs and budget.
- You'll have a purchasing process that's quick and easy.
- We'll handle every aspect of deployment, including moving data from your existing equipment to the replacement equipment, keeping impact on productivity to a minimum.
- When it's done, we'll make sure you have a complete inventory including make, model, serial number, warranty start and end dates, and when to budget for the next technology refresh.
- We will dispose of old equipment securely, making sure your valuable company data is completely wiped from old equipment.
- We will help you implement a technology lifecycle management process.
Technology lifecycle management means no budget surprises and no unplanned outages when old equipment breaks down. This decreases downtime AND improves productivity throughout your business!